2018 Kubota DMC8540R
Call for Price
The DMC8500 Series center pivot disc mower conditioners are available in two wide cutting widths and feature a fully welded in your choice of SemiSwing or chevron roller conditioners. They feature a durable suspension system designed to reliably produce consistent windrows and evenly conditioned crops in a wide variety of conditions.
- Drawbar: Center
- Conditioner: Roller cond.
- Cutting Width (ft): 13 ft. 1 in.
- Weight, approx. (lbs): 5974
- Transport Width (ft/m): 12 ft. 6 in.
- Hitch (CAT): Cat II
- PTO (RPM): 540 Standard / 1000 Optional
- Minimum PTO horsepower required (hp/KW): 74/100
- Number of disc: 10
- Remotes: 2
- Cutterbar operating angle: -17/+17
- Stubble height (inch): 1.18 in.-1.57 in.
- Cond. rotor speed: 900
- Tires: 31x13.5-15
- Wide spreading kit: Optional
- High skids (inches) +0.8/+1.6/+3.2: NA/Standard/Optional
- Throwing wings for diff. crops: Standard
- Lighting kit: Standard
- Alternative cond. speed kit: 1200/750
- Excellent Ground Clearance: DMC8500 series models have a lifting height of 1'6" to ensure excellent ground clearance for transport and during headland turning.
- Transport With Integrated Lighting Kit: The DMC8500 series offers a secure and convenient transport solution, including an integrated lighting kit for excellent road visibility. The transport width for DMC8536T and DMC8536R is 11'2" and the transport width for DMC8540T and DMC8540R is 12'6".
- Express Quick Change of Knives: Mowers can be fitted with the 'Express' system for quick and easy changing of knives. Simply place the lever around the bolt, release the spring by turning the lever and the knife is ready to be replaced with a new one.
- Wide Spreading Kit: All models can be fitted with an optional easy-to-use wide spreading kit. This enables crop to be cut and spread in one operation, saving both time and resources. Best of all, changing from swathing to wide spreading is a one-man-job.
- Counter-Rotating Three-Bladed Discs: With three blades per disc, Kubota mowers are constantly cutting. This means a third less load per blade, an even load on the drive and smoother power usage - which produces an even, cleanly cut stubble. Each steel blade is precisely angled to immediately discharge the cut crop upwards by both air flow and mechanical action.
- Fully Welded Cutterbar: The fully welded Kubota cutterbar with overlapping C-channels makes for a stiff and strong design, ensuring a high level of durability. The cutterbar’s design, with machined gears and large bearings along with low oil requirements, allows for a low working temperature for efficient oil cooling and lubrication of the entire cutterbar.
- Benefits of Kubota Suspension Springs Design: The long spring design allows for excellent ground following ability. In uneven fields, the mower is able to adapt +19.7"/-5.9" The suspension springs are fitted on the widest possible position of the mowing section to ensure even ground pressure. The weight on ground is stable and only approximately 88 -110 pounds on each side. The suspension arms are fitted between the mowing section and mainframe so when an obstacle is encountered, the mowing section moves backwards and upwards to allow the object to pass. The mower will automatically return to its working position once the obstacle is cleared.
- Easy Adjustment of Stubble Height: A simple crank adjusts the whole cutterbar assembly up or down to a desired stubble height. Additional skids are available to increase cutting height.
- Center Pivot Drawbar: The DMC8500 models are equipped with a center pivot drawbar for mowing both to the right and left side of the tractor. This important advantage in mower design allows operators to mow in one continuous pattern, without the need for constantly opening up new headlands. Consequently, time consuming short runs are eliminated and mowing capacity is increased.
- Kubota Suspension for Clean Cutting Action: The complete mowing section, including the conditioner, is suspended independently from the main chassis by either two or four long adjustable suspension springs, allowing field tracks and contours to be closely followed. If an obstacle is encountered in the field, the mowing section will lift up and backwards, protecting the cutterbar from damage. When the obstacle is passed, the mowing section automatically returns to the working position.
- Working Width
- 13 ft. 1 in.
- 12 ft. 6 in.
- 5974 lb.
- Recommended HP
- 74 hp (100 kW)